Limited-Time Restaurant Website Package Special
Custom Domain (or connect to existing)
Easy-Edit Platform with:
Flat Rate: $999
* Deferred payments available.
* Price does not include processing
via PayPal, Square, etc.
Email me to learn more!
Restaurant Online Ordering Statistics
For savvy restaurateurs that rely on data to make important business decisions, we have 22 statistics that will give you some insight into just how powerful online ordering is. And these stats are PRE-COVID19! Can you imagine?
- 60% of U.S. consumers order delivery or takeout once a week.
- 31% say they use these third-party delivery services at least twice a week.
- 34% of consumers spend at least $50 per order when ordering food online.
- 20% of consumers say they spend more on off-premise orders compared to a regular dine-in experience.
- Digital ordering and delivery have grown 300% faster than dine-in traffic since 2014.
- 70% of consumers say they’d rather order directly from a restaurant, preferring that their money goes straight to the restaurant and not a third party.
- 57% of millennials say that they have restaurant food delivered so they can watch movies and TV shows at home.
- 59% of restaurant orders from millennials are takeout or delivery.
- 33% of consumers say they would be willing to pay a higher fee for faster delivery service.
- 87% of Americans who use third-party food delivery services agree that it makes their lives easier.
- 45% of consumers say that offering mobile ordering or loyalty programs would encourage them to use online ordering services more often.
- 63% of consumers agree that it is more convenient to get delivery than dining out with a family.
- Americans who have not used a third-party restaurant delivery service say fast delivery (31%), restaurant selection (28%), low order minimums (27%) and first-use coupons (26%) would motivate them to try it.
- 60% of restaurant operators say that offering delivery has generated incremental sales.
- Orders placed via smartphone and mobile apps will become a $38 billion industry by 2020.
- Pizza chains reported an 18% increase in customer spend from online/mobile orders vs. phone orders.
- Working with a third party delivery service has been found to raise restaurant sales volume by 10 to 20%.
- Delivery sales could rise an annual average of more than 20% to $365 billion worldwide by 2030, from $35 billion.
- 43% of restaurant professionals said they believe third-party apps—many of which withhold data--interfere with the direct relationship between a restaurant/bar/pub and its customers.
- Customers who place an online order with a restaurant will visit that restaurant 67% more frequently than those who don’t.
- It’s estimated that mobile orders will make up close to 11% of all QSR sales by 2020.
- Visits to U.S. restaurants where guests paid by mobile app increased by 50% from 2017-18.